Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Happy Birthday

Well I spent my 55th birthday giving my first (and to be my only)2 hour presentation. This business had 15 people attend. It was supposed to be for managers only but I guess in this business model they had a lot Chiefs and few Indians. It went OK. We uncovered a company problem. One of the conditions we had for giving out these free 2 hour seminars (they were supposed to be valued at $2,500, whatever,) was that they were to give me a yes or no answer at the end. We had clearly stated all final decision makers were to be present, no interruptions and we would get a yes or no answer, clear. Well I got a non answer.
I felt maybe this was going to be the start of the turnaround.
I spent the rest of of my day playing golf with my pastor at my country club. Little did I know that would be the last time I could afford to play golf.

No comments: